Friday, June 7, 2013

kate or die!

What is your mother's maiden and what was the name of your first pet? Any chance you'd also disclose your blood type and the last four of your social security number?

Hitler, Professor Jagoff, F-, 0666

Where were you born?

In a pineapple, under the sea.

strangelykatie: I wanted to design a cute valkyrie chick so I...



strangelykatie:

I wanted to design a cute valkyrie chick so I did

Really into Valkyries right now.

My lady



My lady

ambird: Candy Demon Pins Five adorable pins available. One of a...







ambird:

Candy Demon Pins

Five adorable pins available. One of a kind and never to be duplicated!

Cuuuuute

gingerhaze: feminspire: alyssakorea: Tumbling over the past...







gingerhaze:

feminspire:

alyssakorea:

Tumbling over the past year and a half has made me see the problems of gender roles that exist in media, but sometimes it gets to the point where I over analyze every single piece of television or film that I come across. (However this in no way means that I think feminist media criticism is wrong, or should be avoided!) Mostly I just over think everything.

I've thought about this a lot and I think the answer is MORE, and MORE DIVERSE female characters.

We're used to having one or two female characters in a cast of mostly men, and hold them to a higher standard because of that. So all of feminism is resting on the shoulders of one female character - and that DOESN'T WORK. Because there isn't one right way to be a woman.

If casts had more diversity of gender, we could have warrior women and non-warrior women, sexual women and non-sexual women, feminine and non-feminine, and mixtures of all of the above…all are completely legitimate ways to be a woman.

We're used to seeing a lot of hypersexualized, scantily clad, one-dimensional stereotypes of women without stories or motives of their own. We respond by asking for characters that AREN'T THAT, but we may end up pushing too far in the opposite direction, and demonize traits like sexuality, conventional attractiveness, and traditional femininity as "sexist." That's why the most popular female characters are the ones that are most similar to male heroes - the Arya Starks - emotionally distant, unattached, solve their problems with violence, not remotely sexual. That's fine too of course. I love Arya. It's just not…the only way to be.

softerworld: A Softer World: 972 (no one could steer me right,...



softerworld:

A Softer World: 972

(no one could steer me right, but mama tried.)

buy this print

Photo



nedroidcomics: empartridge: Topatoco put up some Three Word...











nedroidcomics:

empartridge:

Topatoco put up some Three Word Phrase merchandise today!

TWP is obviously by Ryan, but I did the designs so I'm still pretty excited about this stuff. also, if you buy them, maybe he will buy me lunch.

Incredible Shirts

Yeah!!!

Hey! The tote bags are back in stock!!! GET ON THAT



Hey! The tote bags are back in stock!!!

GET ON THAT

All shall love me and despair



All shall love me and despair

Photo



My mom made me a felted version of the cat from my Queen of the...



My mom made me a felted version of the cat from my Queen of the Neighborhood print. My heart melted.

lucybellwood: ryan-a: ANNOUNCEMENT TIME! This Was Our Pact is...













lucybellwood:

ryan-a:

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME! This Was Our Pact is being published by First Second Books in autumn of 2016!!! It will be an extended version, and in color! I can't tell you how excited I am about this!

I have to take the comic offline, BUT you can still get a high resolution PDF of the original version for $4 until June 10th. GET IT HERE ON GUMROAD After that, it'll be gone for good.

If you want to read a bit more before you buy, here's a preview of the first 6 pages http://www.ryan-a.com/comics/this_was_our_pact_01.htm

A HUGE thank you to my agent Jen Linnan for making this possible!

Well this is just spectacular :D

(P.S. If you haven't read This Was Our Pact yet, you're in for an enormous treat.)

I always wanted to ask this, and seeing as you have a lot of experience, do tattoos hurt very much? I'm interested in getting one or two, and I was curious.

Yes, they hurt a lot, every time. It depends on the placement, your health and pain tolerance. It hurts! But it's worth it!

I LOVE YOUR SAILOR MOON PEN TATTOO! Who's your favorite Sailor Scout?

Neptune, hands down.

I like your ink. How many tattoos do you have?

Thank you! I think somewhere around 20?

Not always a goth! Hello.



Not always a goth! Hello.

likestepsinadance: Susannah Liguori in Truisms (Two) shot by...



likestepsinadance:

Susannah Liguori in Truisms (Two) shot by Tyrone Leblon for PoP F/W 2012

beccaandthebox: doubts All day, every day



beccaandthebox:

doubts

All day, every day

No comments:

Post a Comment